Saturday, March 14, 2009

The World had Gone Mad, Mate

In a bar, David said to his friend;

"Ye know, i can't communicate with my grandson, Kevin, anymore".

Puzzled, Andy asked, "But why? You had always been close with him?" Kevin was David's only grandson form his only daughter, Mary.

"Ye see, the other day, the lad asked me to buy him a mouse. So bought him a white mice, i did. But he cried, saying that was not the mouse. He wanted something that will plug into his computer for him to caress and press"

"Ahh...he meant that mouse"

"Ye know, those were the days when cookies are meant to be eaten and not deleted. Those were the days when cleaning disk will requires water."

"And those were the days when anti-virus are meant to be drank!!" quipped Andy.

"Aye mate..I can't see how to communicate with that lad anymore. Yesterday, I just opened up his computer and scrubbed the disk with water and soap. He almost killed me with his look"

"You are not alone, mate. The other day my granddaugther, Jude, wanted an anti-spyware. I brought her into my room and sat her on the chair and said 'My princess, you got no business with military intelligence so drop it off'" added Andy, ruefully. "And she fall off the chair and sprained her ankle from all the laughing"

"Ye meant she is in the military?" David looked straight into Andy's eyes.

"Nay, mate. But i still don't know why an eight-years-old needs a military device. Anyway, her mother got her one in the Tesco. Didn't know now even supermarket sells military stuffs."

"The world had gone mad, mate"

"Sure it is, sure it is..i can't recognise the world i see now..Not even this...what is it called again, lad?" Andy asked the buxom bartender.

The bartender gave it a look and said "Bloody Mary"

"Ye need not insult my daughter, little one," scowled David.

"Sir, that drink was called Bloody Mary but it ain't got any blood from anyone called Mary" replied the buxom bartender.

"Why ye think they call it such a horrible name?" David now turn his gaze to Andy.

"I've got no idea mate, but it makes me feel like a vampire now" replied Andy, groggily.

"The world is mad, mate"

"It is, it is"

Tossing the his glass, David said "To Bloody Mary"

"And to anti-spyware, whatever it meant" replied Andy.

No comments: